SIP Input

leestevens

Licensed User
I'm still 'practicing' with Basic4PPC but its got me hooked. I do most coding on my device but being a VB.net and desktop convert, I have never needed to know much about SIP coding.

I understand the SIP(True) and SIP(False) commands but what I am looking to do is to obtain input from the user via the SIP but not necessarily into a visible control such as a textbox.

For example, if a question e.g. 3 + 5 = ? appears on screen, I want the user to be able to input 8, the label showing 3 + 5 = ? will change to 3 + 5 = 8 correct), scroll up and a new question appear. This I can take care of except for obtaining the users input (e.g. 8). The whole process will be timed so I do not want the user to have to tap a text box before using the SIP to enter their answer. I want the user to type/write the answer in the SIP and my program to grab the answer and do the work.

Finally, my question, how do I grab the users input into, say, a variable ?

Any help would be appreciated, sorry if there is an obvious answer!

Lee Stevens :sign0104:

leestevens

Licensed User
Thanks Erel,

I will give the idea a try. I considered this method but was unsure whether the textbox would retain focus (with everything else going on!) - however thats the programmers job (to keep control of the controls).

Thanks again for the reply and for the excellent software !!

Lee Stevens
(newbie++)