Java Question SLC tool

bloxa69

Licensed User
Longtime User
After giving up on B4A for a while due to the lack of hardware accelerated LWP library which is a must for my projects, I saw that new Simple Library Compiler, a great and welcome tool in ever improving B4A package. I've tried it and got a couple of questions.

In order to compile it (and use it) you should download their SDK and copy FlurryAgent.jar to the project 'libs' folder and to the 'additional libraries folder'.

There is no FlurryAgent.jar in Flurry SDK. I've wrapped whatever they got, Flurry_3.2.1.jar. It compiles fine, it works fine in B4A project but I don't get any sessions registered in my Flurry's account.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

bloxa69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you set the @DependsOn annotation to Flurry_3.2.1 ?

How long have you waited for the statistics to show?

Erel, thanks for a quick reply.
I did change @DependsOn, otherwise I would be getting errors.
And yes, the device was connected to the Internet, though it was a virtual Android device (in VirtualBox). I didn't test it on a real device.
I gave it a day to propagate, and just double-checked it again - still no sessions registered.
I would guess there is some kind of connection confirmation or check within flurry Lib, but I didn't drill it that deep.

Below is the code I was using in B4A:

B4X:
fl.StartSession("MYFLURRYAPPKEY")
fl.LogEvent("test1")
fl.EndSession

Last edited:

bloxa69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Will do, thanks for the advice.
I'm a bit out of touch with all B4A new stuff. Can I test it on your cloud devices?

bloxa69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,
I've tried Flurry's Eclipse sample, compiled the test app from Eclipse and tested it - I get the usage stats in my Flurry account (1 day delay). I've tested it from an emulator, so no real device is needed.

If i compile the app from B4A using flurry library, i don't get any stats. Tested on real device as well.
I've used Flurry_3.2.1.jar to compile B4A library using the code from your example. No errors, library compiles fine, i can use it from B4A, I can compile the test app, it runs without errors but no stats on flurry.com

bloxa69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,
thank you for taking your time with this.
I've attached the flurry lib jar wrapper and xml. I didn't put Flurry_3.2.1.jar in it as it is above the forum's upload limits.

Attachments

• flurry.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 188

bloxa69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Everything looks correct. Which methods did you call in your B4A code?

by the book:
B4X:
fl.StartSession("MYFLURRYAPPKEY")
fl.LogEvent("test1")
fl.EndSession

The reason could be the new Flurry_3.2.1. Did you test it with your account and B4A?
Anyway, there is no hurry with that one, I only pointed it out because it is used in your library converter tool sample code.
I will triple-check it later anyway, when done with other things.