iOS Question Slow in debug mode?

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm setting my first steps in IOS development with b4i. What I've noticed is that my app behaves a big sluggish in debug mode on my iPhone 6. Is this expected behavior? Is there a significant difference in speed in release mode? Or is this due to the iPhone already being too old?

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm setting my first steps in IOS development with b4i. What I've noticed is that my app behaves a big sluggish in debug mode on my iPhone 6. Is this expected behavior? Is there a significant difference in speed in release mode? Or is this due to the iPhone already being too old?
Similar scenario to me - I've been developing a B4XPages app for IOS & Android so have been using an old iPhone 6 that I got hold of. Several functions I've written rely on tens of thousands of iterations and can be quite slow in debug. I borrowed an iPhone 10 from a friend and it's exactly the same there.

To be honest though I was seeing quite slow performance under Android too even on an up to date handset.

Just putting a break point in to catch a particular iteration really slows things down.

Don't worry too much it'll be much quicker in release!

Upvote 0