Small stopwatch

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I started my own StopWatch, wich is now at 45% completion....
ALmost All graphical work is done, in a way that regardless of the Screen size, it will always look the same...
Got The ANALOGIC seconds hand Going...
But! The 1:100 of a second is much harder to get than it seems, especially in my case...since I am drawing on the screen...

Setting the timer to values lower than 150(ms) seems to have no efect, causing the Tick event to miss-Fire(?)...

Still I will keep on going untill I have a fully functional Analog-Digital StopWatch

nm7s9

Licensed User
What would also be usefull is a countdown timer with an option to have either an audible of vibration alarm - Gold Plated of course :)

LineCutter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Updated

I needed a stopwatch last night, but didn't have one :(
Although this thread has gone quiet for a bit I noticed that there were a few possible refinements, plus a few I either dreamed up or "borrowed" from the friend with the iPhone stopwatch.
So, with all credit to token, here's a version with:
' Ver 1.2 - Changed timing to 100th of a second
' Altered lap times to display total & individual times for laps
' Show last lap at timer stop
' Reverse Sort Table to show last lap to top (& scroll table to do this)
' Format strings to be consistent
' Added Save to CSV function
' Button Rearrangement & setting of enabled properties when appropriate

There is the odd 0.01 second disagreement in the lap vs total times, but without adding a 3rd variable for the ticks I can't see a way around this (it's the timer ticking between setting the lap time & the writing of the current time that does it).

I've tested the table display routine & it works on my TYTN2, so I'm not sure where the crash mentioned earlier in the thread might have come from.

Attachments

• StoppUhr.sbp
    3.9 KB · Views: 302

Zenerdiode

Licensed User
I think that the only way you can slow this stopwatch down is to drop it in a bucket of water .

Hmm, nope.

Does it matter that the water was soapy?

:eek:

Attachments

• Under Water Stopwatch.JPG
    Under Water Stopwatch.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 258

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ha!Ha!...(doing a Nelson!!!)
Serioulsy, ever since I saw a timex displayed in a water jar, I had no doubt one day we would all be buying tickets to Atlantis....

Zenerdiode

Licensed User
Its the TDS Recon. They come sealed to IP67 and the touch-screen still works underwater.

**Disclaimer** Please do not repeat this experiment at home with your PDA. :)

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
WOW: A water cooled PDA! :sign0162:
Must be the result of some overclocking procedures... At how many GHz is it running??? :cool: