SmsDelivered and SmsSentStatus always return last number

AirLink

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel!
I'm having trouble with the Phone Library events SmsDelivered & SmsSentStatus.
The events are raised after multiple sms send commands but the phone number returned is always the last one in the batch.

example:
mysms.send ("xxxxxx01","Test1")
mysms.send ("xxxxxx02","Test2")
mysms.send ("xxxxxx03","Test3")

The events are raised 3 times but the returned PhoneNumber is always "xxxxxx03"

The events are in a service module and the code is below:

B4X:
Sub Process_Globals
Dim PhoneId As PhoneId
Dim PE As PhoneEvents
End Sub

Sub Service_Create
PE.InitializeWithPhoneState("PE", PhoneId)
Dim SI As SmsInterceptor
SI.Initialize2("SI", 999)
End Sub

Sub PE_SmsSentStatus (Success As Boolean, ErrorMessage As String, PhoneNumber As String, Intent As Intent)
Log ("SMSSentStatus:" & Success & ":" & ErrorMessage & ":" & PhoneNumber, True)
End Sub

Sub PE_SmsDelivered (PhoneNumber As String, Intent As Intent)
Log ("Receipt from " & PhoneNumber & CRLF)
End Sub

Am I missing something?
Thanks!

Sorin Pohontu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello. I know this thread is old, but I have stumble across same issue.

Erel: allow me to make a correction. I have seen your code for Send from Phone Library (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/sendsms-delivery-and-sent-intents.28054/#post-162603).
The problem arise because it's using same requestCode on each request (0), with PendingIntent.FLAG_UPDATE_CURRENT.
On each message sent, Extra information is updated [see putExtra("phone")] with the information form most recent message.

A better approach is to generate a Random/Unique requestCode for each Send().
In this way, you'll get a different Intent on each request and you'll have correct info on SmsSentStatus/SmsDelivered.

I've just made a test using inline Java Code (btw, thanks for this feature in B4A 4.30) and made a new Send function and everything works as expected.

I'll get back with another post in PhoneUpdate library, with a few improvements in Send (handling Multipart-Messages and adding custom Extra), as soon as my inline Java Code is working as desired :)

Have a nice day,
/Sorin

Sgardy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello friends, I hope this is not off topic but I have a little doubt about these phone events, I made a routine that send SMS and check with "PE_SmsSentStatus" that all is going right, well it works fine, even to much! Infact SmsSentStatus add the return receipt to the messages that cost money! I burned 50 euros in a couple of day, asking to my provider if something was going wrong they told me that even if I have free messages plain the receipt have a cost, and all my last messages were asking for it, I didn't believe that but checking the messages properties I discovered that that was the bitter truth. So what I have to do? I want just that the app retry to send in case of bad radio coverage and nothing else. Thanks for help!

Sgardy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello friends, I hope this is not off topic but I have a little doubt about these phone events, I made a routine that send SMS and check with "PE_SmsSentStatus" that all is going right, well it works fine, even to much! Infac...

I reply by my self... I've seen that I should use Send2 instead Send flagging to false the receiveNotifications, but in this case how to check if it's impossible to send when in a shadow radio area? Thanks again!

Sgardy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel! Great as ever ;) I tried just now and it seems to be not charged, I suggest to set to false by default the flags in PhoneSms.Send because the beginners (like me) may realize to late about charging!
Ciao