B4R Question Socket connection not made

Discussion in 'B4R Questions' started by rodmcm, Nov 20, 2018.

1. rodmcm

rodmcm Member Licensed User

I have recently changed computers and upgraded to the newest option of ESp32 via the Arduino board manager.

I now find that I cannot establish a socket connection between a B4j (or A) test program and the ESP32 which is running an AP network. The attached is a set of test programs. I have deleted the response from the B4R to the B4J for clarity.

I have been using these programs for about 6 months now with very little problem

The WIFI connection makes to the B4J but not the socket connection.

Tried it on multiple ESP 32's

Any assistance gratefully received

Attached Files:

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Please post the logs as text.

3. rodmcm

Are you talking about the capture file enclosed? There are no error logs on the B4R side

4. rodmcm

Hi Erel
    I found that during the B4r compilation it was using the WIFI library in the Arduino Sketch folder instead of the ESP32 folder. They are quite different.. In fact I have three versions of wire on my installation! All seems to now be working well.. Why ESP dont' use a modifier in their updated libraries such as you do with rEEPROM etc bets me. A quick google search showed others with the same issue

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice