Android Question [SOLVED] Ad consent and 4.4.x devices issue

Rubsanpe

Licensed User
Hi. I'm testing the ad consent. It works correctly on devices with Android 5 and above, but I'm having problems with 4.4.x devices. In that case it runs the verification of consent and the response in the log is

B4X:
*** Service (starter) Create ***
data base ok
** Service (starter) Start **
** Activity (main) Create, isFirst = true **
Consent state: UNKNOWN
EU: true

And in some cases the consent form is shown and in a higher proportion the consent is not shown and the advertising banner is shown directly without having accepted anything.

Is the behavior normal?

I have tested in those devices 4.4.x with examples developed with other tools and in those cases it works correctly.

Thanks.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
their consent lib is full of bugs.

it's best to use your own dialogs and show it for EU users and store the selected setting and read it back in at the next app start.

Upvote 0

Rubsanpe

Licensed User
Hello. I have tried other tools that also implement the consent form. With them it works well in those same devices.

I will try to implement the form myself.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well done.

If I recall right you might get with 'their' method multiple dialogues depending on which ad provider delivers the ad.
So you need to confirm it for all of them.
So it appears that it didn't save the state earlier.

Doing it yourself is a one time user request.

Upvote 0

Rubsanpe

Licensed User
Hello. Right now my project only uses Admob at this moment, so it's something standard.

The only problem with creating my own consent form is how to show the publishers of the ads, because you have to give the user the option to accept all of them, so their names must appear on the form. The official Google form automatically shows those names, and with the library you have a function to get that list of names (the famous initial limit of 12 names), however I have not seen that option in the B4x library.

Thanks

Rubén

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you don't need to list those ad providers. as long as you use adrequestbuilder with the settings the user selected you're fine.

Upvote 0