Android Question [solved] App upgrade on store for SDK33

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
as most of you I received the alert from Google.
Since I had yet to upgrade B4A from 12 to 12.50 I tool the opportunity to do it.
Then I simply modified the Manifest in order to read 33 instead of 31 (android:targetSdkVersion="33"), modified #VersionCode/#VersionName in Main to look newer, produced the ABB and uploaded it. In a few hours the app was published in its "new" form.
But that annoying message on the Google Console ("beware, by August 31st you won't be able to upgrade anymore..") it's still there.

Looking at the the Reelase details I can read API 24+ and SDK 33, so what could be wrong with them?

Note: whe upgrading from B4A 12 to 12.50 I didn't download again Android SDK+Required resource since the previous version already had an SDK33 folder.

So the basic question is: should I upgrade those too? In that case, did I miss a note telling it was mandatory?

Secondary question: when Google says my release adheres to SDK33 is it just showing the content of the Manifest rather than the SDK effectively used?

TIA

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel.
That one shows 33 so it seems that Google forgot to remove the message .
I will wait for a few days more to see if something changes on their part.
At worse will ask to postpone to November as showed by another member recently.

udg

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Update: as already mentioned by @tufanv in a similar thread, after a couple of days the scary message was automatically removed.
In the Inbox there's now a message reading:
"
We recently told you that your app does not adhere to Google Play Developer Program policies. This violation has now been addressed.
Thanks for helping to keep users safe on Google Play. Go to the Policy status page to see if you have any other warnings or issues with your app."

Policy status page shows no more issues at this time.

Thank you all.

Upvote 0