iOS Question [Solved] b4i compiler issue? (Bundled Assets not found, and Communication error: RequestCanceled)

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by yonson, Feb 6, 2015.

1. yonson

yonson Active Member Licensed User

Hi
    I've been trying to compile my projects this morning and discovered some odd behaviour:-

1) Up until about half an hour ago, the project compiled fine, but couldn't find any images in the assets folder which is bundled with the app
    2) for the past half hour or so the app now doesn't compile at all, with the following error:-

Parsing code. 0.23
    Compiling code. 1.05
    Compiling layouts code. 0.24
    Compiling debugger engine code. 1.94
    Building Xcode project 0.53
    Sending data to remote compiler. Error
    Communication error: RequestCanceled

Erel - is there a problem with the compiler today (in which case fine, I'll grab a coffee!) or is there something that I've missed.

Please note the code is unchanged from yesterday when everything worked fine.
    Thanks!
    John

2. yonson

just to update, the project is now compiling again, but it has reverted to the first issue i.e.

- all bundled assets with the app are not being found by the app. They were being found fine yesterday.

I have re-added the relevant files, cleaned the project and used 'Sync' to try and resolve the issue

An example file path which is now not being found on the device (using File.DirAssets) is :0

/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/AE4D7A03-A64D-4916-B5D8-8B2D4FF9656E/tmp/virtual_assets/btn_home.png

btn_home.png is present in the bundled assets and I've removed and added it again with no luck. Strange!

3. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Please try to uninstall the app from the device and then compile it again.

4. yonson

thanks Erel yes I tried that but I think there must have been an issue uninstalling. I removed everything including b4ibridge and that fixed it.

Odd but at least I know what to do in the future.
    Thanks very much

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice