Solved B4X questions should be closed and tagged with [SOLVED]

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
We are using it on Spanish Forum and it helps to not duplicate posts...

ronell

Licensed User
Longtime User
yeah . adding [solved] at the end of the thread title so its easier to find the solved issues/problems when searching ..
e.g.
"b4a error blah blah blah solved"

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
lol normally i am not entering threads with [SOLVED] or [CLOSED] tags (i even dont read the title) but wonders post are always interesting so i jumped in.
anyway i recommend to remove the [] from this thread title if you want people to take part in this discussion.

btw i agree and it would be better that the user who opened the thread would also update the first post and write where he got the answer to his question (post number)
so:

- update title with tag [SOLVED]
- update first post with a link to the answer

this will make it much easier for others to find solutions for their problems.

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree that it is a good practice to add the [solved] title to solved threads. However it is not a requirement.

In the future I plan to add a plugin that allows choosing the "best answer" which will then be more prominent and it will also mark the thread as solved. It will take sometime as Xenforo 2.0 was not yet released and all Xenforo 1 plugins will not work with the new version.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…