B4J Question (Solved)[B4XDialog] B4XColorTemplate Background Color

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried many ways without success to change the background color for B4XColorTemplate. It remains in dark color.

1694592367888.png

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you had not posted your solution post, I would never have guessed it was a customListView you were talking about...
I know, sometimes we are way too eager to get a solution, that we kind of forget to give the relevant details...

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
More precisely, the B4XDialog is part of XUI Views and using a custom dialog and template with lazy loading. So I found it is not easy or straight forward to deal with. Furthermore, I am implementing dark and light theme to the child views. I need to find the right B4XView or panel and check if it is already initialized.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, I did a little search after my answer to your post...
This is one of the make "issues" that needs to be account for when creating custom view... Customisation can be.... challenging!

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
when creating custom view...
I think I am not creating a custom view. I was just modifying/customizing the properties of a B4xDialog. Since I am not very familiar with XUI View, I didn't know the view that I was looking for is actually name CustomListView1. There are many layers in XUI View like in an onion. I need to peel off the layers one by one.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I understand correctly, the B4X Views are "in facto" custom views.
Therefore, you are not creating a CustomView but trying to customize one you didn't create, and therefore do not know exactly what are the "Base" views that it integrates

Upvote 0