Android Question [Solved] Blank screen when starting any application created with B4A (Android 11)

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, on a new 10" tablet with Android 11 I am having that problem with any application created with B4A.
Even also the "B4A Bridge" app has that problem.
Even with an application that has only one button.
Usually the whole screen goes blank, and if I hit the "back key" it exits (sometimes) and if I try to enter again then sometimes it starts fine (sometimes).
I have downloaded, for testing purposes, from the google store several apps and they all work fine.
I'm lost!!! I don't get it, it's 6 tablets the same.
I have seen this thread which is similar to what is happening to me:
What could be going on?

Solution
Hi, on a new 10" tablet with Android 11 I am having that problem with any application created with B4A.
Usually the whole screen goes blank, and if I hit the "back key" it exits (sometimes) and if I try to enter again then sometimes it starts fine (sometimes).
I have downloaded, for testing purposes, from the google store several apps and they all work fine.
What could be going on?
I had the same problem some time ago.
As sugested here several times : remove the Starter module.
The problem is : with de...

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Any explanation as to why this is happening?
If the "Starter" module exists or if it is removed, how does it affect?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't participate in threads with more than a few posts. Sorry. Last post here.

Simply remove the starer service and forget about it. No need to make 160 posts.
The starter service is not important when using B4XPages. All new apps should be based on B4XPages.

Upvote 0

Rubens Jr.

Licensed User
What could be going on?
I had the same problem some time ago.
As sugested here several times : remove the Starter module.
The problem is : with de starter module sometimes the app starts ok and sometimes do not start.
I post the problem here, but no way to find the real problem, but when I removed de starter module every thing works perfect.

Sorry the English is not my language

Rubens Jr.

Upvote 1
Solution

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, just one last message to clarify the solution to the problem.

If you use (Activity or if B4XPages is used) the problem always occurs if the "starter" module exists.
There are 3 solutions:
- Remove "starter" if you don't use it.
- Create another service module and copy everything from "starter", and remove "starter".
- Simply rename "starter".

I have done many tests and simply renaming "starter" to any other name will solve the problem. It's that simple.

Many thanks to Rubens Jr. for his contribution, and who has also suffered to solve it.
And thanks, too, to all those who have contributed to this thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0