Android Question [SOLVED] Change program name in upper left corner

nypaulie

Licensed User
Longtime User
In one program I wrote I was able to use Activity.Title to assign its name. In another one however adding the line "Activity.Title = Some Name" It doesn't "take".
The second program was written by recoding an existing one, and That title appears instead of the one coded in the "Activity.Title" line.
Here's a screenshot. I included he pic on the right which shows how my first program displays the correct title.
[ADDED LATER] - This was solved thanks to the response from "anOparator" which follows.

Attachments

• ScreenShot.png
    ScreenShot.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 193
  • ScreenPic.png
    ScreenPic.png
    149.9 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

anOparator

Licensed User
Longtime User
For each Activity I use the Designer,
in each Layout file I highlight Activity, the forth Property is Title, there I give a relevant title to each activity. I've gotten into the habit of insuring I'm on the selected Activity before I edit it's Layout file.
This happens to be my preferred way, I'm sure there may be other ways.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nypaulie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you. Your answer fixed it for me when you said "the 4th Property". I had the line as the 3rd entry, when I swapped it to 4 it worked. Here's the new screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-15-09-10-01.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-15-09-10-01.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Upvote 0

anOparator

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you. Your answer fixed it for me when you said "the 4th Property". I had the line as the 3rd entry, when I swapped it to 4 it worked.
giving a Like would be a good thing

Upvote 0