Android Question [Solved] Does BillingExample work?

Marcob

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I tried to run the example for the in-app purchased shown here but pressing the button "Remove Ads" only opens a blank panel. Has Google changed something in the meantime or am I missing something?
S10_screenshot.jpg

Last edited:

Marcob

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure, I thought that using "android.test.purchased" was a special ID offered by Google to test the service without any particular billing key requirement, but I could be wrong, does anyone have more experience with this?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess a lot of people are using inapppurchases. If there would be a problem more threads would be opened with this issue. I do not remember any such thread lately honestly.

I´m not using it so i can not further help. But i expect it should work when correctly used.

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure, I thought that using "android.test.purchased" was a special ID offered by Google to test the service without any particular billing key requirement, but I could be wrong, does anyone have more experience with this?
Do not assume.
Imagine you and I build 2 different apps with the same inAppProduct id, when I set the product as consumed, does your app also show the same?
Sure you need a special unique key to identify the different app.

Upvote 0

Marcob

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do not assume.
Imagine you and I build 2 different apps with the same inAppProduct id, when I set the product as consumed, does your app also show the same?
Sure you need a special unique key to identify the different app.

Does this mean that in order to use BillingExample app I have to upload it to the Google console and get a proper license key?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Does this mean that in order to use BillingExample app I have to upload it to the Google console and get a proper license key?
I´m not sure but probaly yes. InApp-Billing is based on GooglePlay-Services.
You need to configure InAppPurchases in the googleConsole. So, i guess yes, you need to have your app in GooglePlay. Incl. having a Developeraccount and a proper key.

Google does not want you to sell your product on other ways.

Upvote 0

Marcob

Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess you are right, doing further research I came across this post and actually it seems like it's not that simple, I'll have to look into it further

Upvote 0

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, billing is difficult to get working which is why I created the post you are referring to.

You get the billing Key from the Monetisation setup page in the play store app page.

It is the long value in the licensing section
1688726890301.png

Upvote 0

Marcob

Licensed User
Longtime User
Andrew, I think your tutorial will help a lot. It was an excellent initiative to write it, thank you very much!

Upvote 0