Android Question [solved] Failed resolution of: Landroid/arch/lifecycle/ViewModelProviders

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am in the phase of Updating the Firebase UI Auth library with the newest Maven Artifacts and the newest Version of the Githubproject.

I updated all Artifacts, i updated the Firebase UI - Code from Github to the newest release (last updated about a month ago).
I realized that google has changed the way to add a Auth-Provider.
I needed to rewrite the wrapper to match the new Google-Rules resp. to match the new UI Library

After i came into different errors it is all done now.

But now, when i call the FirebaseUI to show the available Providerslist to select one from it crashes because of
NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Landroid/arch/lifecycle/ViewModelProviders;

android/arch/lifecycle/ViewModelProviders is part of android.arch.lifecycle.viewmodel

I tried to get rid of them using
B4X:
#AdditionalJar: android.arch.lifecycle:viewmodel
but the error is the same

I copied the aar from the B4A SDK Managers b4a_remote Folder...
I tried to use
B4X:
#AdditionalJar: viewmodel-1.1.1.aar
But then i get a error when compiling.

No matter what i try it does not work...
If i remember correctly then i read something in the past (maybe from Erel; can´t remember) that these Lifecycle components are added at compilitime when using Android Studio.

I guess they are included in the AARs which i created with AS.
#AdditionalJar: firebase-ui-auth.aar ' Probably this one
#AdditionalJar: firebase-ui-common.aar
#AdditionalJar: firebase-ui-database.aar
#AdditionalJar: firebase-ui-firestore.aar
#AdditionalJar: firebase-ui-storage.aar

But as of now i did not find a solution to get the new UI-Auth running. I dont know why the classes are not recognized to be available.

Does anyone have an idea what this can be? Any hints are highly welcome

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Dooooh!
It does work!

Thank you very much. Sometime i do not see the forest about the trees.

Ok, i´m now facing a new problem. But it seems to be related to the manifest entries needed for the Update UI Bindings.

I´m a step further

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But it seems to be related to the manifest entries needed for the Update UI Bindings.
Fixed

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Let me try something...
the error i got was to a missing manifest entry which i neeeded to add.
CredentialSaveActivity was new and missing... After i added it it is working now.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…