[SOLVED] Find a CPU replacement ?

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I would like to upgrade an used Acer Aspire 5315 and replace its CPU which is an Intel Celeron 550 (one core). Of course, I have googled about and found some information but I can not find the told compatible models online.

So my question is : how could I find the type of CPU currently sold and which could be compatible, please ?

Here is a link at the Intel's site about the existing CPU. Many thanks

Edit: I have found it has a socket P and I can not find that socket in the sold products

Last edited:

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks thedesolatesoul, I was just editing with the recenter result of my research. Yes, it is a socket P. I'll try to find more as it is not proposed on the sites I have already visited.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems to be or PM965 or GM965

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
The master problem with that model is that they are lots of information about (and seems to have lots of different models sold with different characteristics).

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Many many thanks for your precious help. I wouldn't have managed to find the information so quickly :)

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Edit: the x9000 is not compatible because it is a Penryn XE. The latest Bios for the Acer Aspire 5315 (v1.43) limits the compatibility to Merom & Penryn only.

I'll go with an used T8100 (on Ebay)