Android Question [SOLVED] In App Purchases: The item you were attempting to purchase cannot be found

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I get this error when trying to purchase a subscription from my under development application.

What I have done:
1) I created the app in Google Console
2) I created and published the app with all the requirements in a closed Alpha trial
3) I have created the two subscriptions
4) I have successfully checked if any purchases from this app have been made(restore purchases - none returned)
5) I have successfully retrieved the inventory of the products (subscriptions) in the app
6) I tried to buy one of the subscriptions and I have got the error in the title.

The code is tested and works as it is copied from a working application which though had only managed products.
Any suggestions on what to look for because I am completely lost?

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you trying to do an in-app transaction from a phone that uses the same google account as your developer account? If so, I believe you can't do any in-app purchases using your developer account - you need to create a different test google account and configure the device to only use that test google account.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi JohnC. This does not seem to be the case. I added in my second phone an other Google Account and removed my primary google developer account. I added to my testers this second Google Account. I tried to buy the subscription - same stuff: "The item you were attempting to purchase cannot be found". Maybe a bit of waiting for the changes to propagate?

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just wanted to make sure of that chance.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Checking the web a lot of users face this problem. I will check it thoroughly and post my results here. In the mean time if someone is aware of why might this be happening they would save me a lot of time by posting an answer in this thread. So, please by any means, do post an answer if you may be aware of why this is happening.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
It was solved. It was not a problem of my code and it was not a problem of In App Purchases comprehension. It was purely unfamiliarity with the new Google Play Console. I just had to check the testers' list as seen in the picture and then it was ok. I will make a guide on how you are supposed to add In App Purchases in your app very soon for everyone to benefit.

1601044566004.png

Upvote 0

NGUYEN TUAN ANH

Licensed User
[QUOTE = "hatzisn, bài đăng: 766891, thành viên: 72271"]
Nó đã được giải quyết. Đó không phải là vấn đề với mã của tôi và cũng không phải là vấn đề khi hiểu Mua hàng trong ứng dụng. Nó hoàn toàn không quen thuộc với Google Play Console mới. Tôi chỉ cần kiểm tra danh sách người thử nghiệm như trong hình và sau đó là ok. Tôi sẽ sớm đưa ra hướng dẫn về cách bạn phải thêm Mua hàng trong ứng dụng vào ứng dụng của mình để mọi người cùng hưởng lợi.

View attachment 100500
It was solved. It was not a problem of my code and it was not a problem of In App Purchases comprehension. It was purely unfamiliarity with the new Google Play Console. I just had to check the testers' list as seen in the picture and then it was ok. I will make a guide on how you are supposed to add In App Purchases in your app very soon for everyone to benefit.

View attachment 100500
Looking forward to receiving your guidance

[/ TRÍCH DẪN]
Looking forward to receiving your guidance

Upvote 0