iOS Question [SOLVED] location of the b4i generated xcode project - open it directly in xcode dev application on local mac ?

mike2ppc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone,

where can I find the Xcode projects created from b4i to open them directly from the Xcode application on my local mac ?

Thanks and regards
Michael

Semen Matusovskiy

Licensed User
.../B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user Id - see IDE's Build Server settings>/B4iProject.xcodeproj

B4i uses command line to set some parameteres. That's why you will need to correct a project manually.
First of all, set Architectures in Build settings (Standard instead of armv7) and select correct values in Signing & Capabilities

Upvote 0

mike2ppc

Licensed User
Longtime User
.../B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user Id - see IDE's Build Server settings>/B4iProject.xcodeproj

B4i uses command line to set some parameteres. That's why you will need to correct a project manually.
First of all, set Architectures in Build settings (Standard instead of armv7) and select correct values in Signing & Capabilities
Hi Semen,
Thanks for your answer, it works. I have compiled the app in B4i as release and used the file B4iProject.xcodeproj from the path you have described. After I opened the xcodeproj file and adjusted the developer team and the architecture to standard. The last step building the app over xcode with destination my iPhone device all went well and wow I have the app running on my real iPhone. Final last step was to accept the developer certificate on the iPhone to let me open the app.
One more question, what about the files I found in this folder?
<b4iproject>/objects/src/B4iProject.xcodeproj
Could I use that as well?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Semen Matusovskiy

Licensed User
I never compared, but it's possible to expect that B4iProject.xcodeproj is the same in Windows and Mac OS.
Meanwhile I don't see reasons to use .../objects/src/B4iProject.xcodeproj.

Upvote 0

mike2ppc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Solution

How to get my iOS app on my own iPhone with apple equipment, b4i and xcode combination without paid apple dev program account?

Step by Step:
open the B4iProject.xcodeproj file located in this folder

with xcode on a local mac. Before you have to compile in B4i your application as release app =>
B4I->Tools->Build Server->Build Release App.
After you have opened the file B4iProject.xcodeproj in Xcode you have to adjusted following entries.
- click on left project structure on the first entry "B4iProject project" then on the middle/right you see the project seetings
- Register "signing & capabilities": flag "automatically manage signing" + select teams: your name.
- Register "build settings": Architectures -> Architectures: change entry armv7 into Standard architecture
- connect your device thru usb cable
- beside the execute button you can now select your device
- click build button
- app will be generated/builded and installed on your device
- before you can start the app you have to accept the certificate on you device under "settings-> general->device management-> accept certificate

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jlerner

Licensed User
Longtime User
hola a todos, estoy teniendo problemas para subir mi archivo IPA... me da un error
Resumen del paquete:

Mensajes de error:
ERROR ITMS-90017: "Este paquete no es válido. El formato IPA requiere un directorio de nivel superior llamado Payload, que contiene solo un paquete .app y complementos opcionales en un directorio de complementos".
Este paquete no es válido. El formato IPA requiere un directorio de nivel superior llamado Payload, que solo contiene un paquete .app y complementos opcionales en un directorio de complementos. "

aguien puede ayudarme con este error?

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hola a todos, estoy teniendo problemas para subir mi archivo IPA... me da un error
Resumen del paquete:

Mensajes de error:
ERROR ITMS-90017: "Este paquete no es válido. El formato IPA requiere un directorio de nivel superior llamado Payload, que contiene solo un paquete .app y complementos opcionales en un directorio de complementos".
Este paquete no es válido. El formato IPA requiere un directorio de nivel superior llamado Payload, que solo contiene un paquete .app y complementos opcionales en un directorio de complementos. "

aguien puede ayudarme con este error?
Please start a new thread.

Upvote 0