Android Question Solved: Maven artifact not found: com.android.support/support-v4

dagnabitboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've spent the last two days reading through a number of threads on this. I've reinstalled B4a, reinstalled all the recommended SDK items using the SDK manager. I've added
- Android Support Repository
- Android Support Library (could not install, not shown on sdk manager)
- Google Play Services
- Google Repository
and I've installed android-support-v4.jar in the extra libraries folder.
(this is all for the runtimepermissions lib)

What am I missing?

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @dagnabitboy,
Have you followed these instruction exactly https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html#installation and also installed Intel HAXM? Have you also installed all the recommended components in the B4A SDK Manager including 'com.android.support:support-v4'.

Also double check that the path in the B4A SDK Manager is set to the new SDK and not the old SDK.

I presume that you are using B4A V7.8...

Upvote 0

dagnabitboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your help Peter, I often miss the obvious, but I'm stumped at the moment!

Intel HAXM: YES
COM.ANDROID.SUPPORT:SUPPORT-V4: YES
installation as per instructions.
path set to new sdk location.
latest javac.exe installed (jdk1.8.0_152) and path set
path to android.jar (android-27) set.
B4a Version 7.8

also rebooted computer (win10 pro 64 bit).
Still no joy!!

Upvote 0

dagnabitboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Peter, thanks for asking me to double check. Took a break, came back, Problem solved... I knew it had to be something simple. Somehow the android sdk ver 27 got installed at: C:\Users\User1\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-27. Once I pointed the system to C:\android\platforms\android-27 everything worked. I have no idea how the sdk got installed in my user folder. I guess I wasn't paying attention!

Upvote 0