Android Question [Solved] NB6 Notification with Foreground service

ac9ts

Licensed User
I'm trying to use a simple NB6 class notification. I am placing the notification in a service that is started by "GUI" activity. n.Build returns a notification.

B4X:
Dim BM As Bitmap = LoadBitmapResize(File.DirAssets, "icon.png", 24dip, 24dip, False)
Dim n As NB6 
n.Initialize("default", Application.LabelName, "LOW").AutoCancel(False).SmallIcon(BM)
n.Build("Title", "Content", "tag1", GUI).Notify(4)

' Getting "Cannot assign void value." error on the following line
Service.AutomaticForegroundNotification = n.Build("Title", "Content", "tag1", GUI).Notify(4)

Service.AutomaticForegroundMode = Service.AUTOMATIC_FOREGROUND_ALWAYS

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Explanation:
Service.AutomaticForegroundNotification needs a Notificationobject
B4X:
Service.AutomaticForegroundNotification = n.Build("Title", "Content", "tag1", GUI)
will work too but you dont have a Notificationobject which you need to Notify in this case...
So. Getting the Notification object, setting it to the Service, calling Notify on the Notification object.

ac9ts

Licensed User
B4X:
Service.AutomaticForegroundNotification = n.Build("Title", "Content", "tag1", GUI)
That's basically what I ended up using (for now). Once I fixed the error I originally received and got the code to compile, I was getting 2 notifications; 1 from the AutomaticForegroundNotification and the other from Notify(4).

I'm going to play around a bit with the class code as I would like to be able to change what is displayed on the AutomaticForegroundNotification notification while the service is running.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User

ac9ts

Licensed User
Using .Notify(4) is what was causing the second notification above. I want to change what is on the notification held by
Service.AutomaticForegroundNotification which stays as long as the service is running.