Android Question [SOLVED] Supermarket, Restaurant, Pharmacy, Store Delivery : Source Code-googlemaps problem

Zeljko Gombovic

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would ask you for help because I can't deal with one problem. For a lot of questions, I'm a beginner, specifically here I have a problem to set up googlemaps in B4A version 11.20.
I followed the instructions from the forum, but after spending many hours, the result is not good.
1641926202643.png

I had the same problem with googlemapsextracts but I found it on the forum and solved it.
If I understood correctly I need an SDK for google play services that I installed with the SDK manager:
1641926535694.png

In the extras/google/google_play_services directory I have:
1641926711001.png

I probably went in the wrong direction, thanks to everyone who wants to help me

Solution
I don't have googlemaps.jar
GoogleMaps.zip is listed in post #1:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the result is not good
forgot to check GoogleMaps library?

Start here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-b4xpages-googlemaps-example.120121/#content
If I understood correctly I need an SDK for google play services that I installed with the SDK manager:
No? Everything needed is installed when setting up B4A with the Instructions listed here: https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html

I guess you are using an very very old SDK-Manager? And even an very old (and outdated) SDK too. If so: DELETE your currect SDK and complete install a new one. See Installationinstruction on the link above.

Upvote 1

Zeljko Gombovic

Licensed User
Longtime User
I installed B4A about 10 days ago and followed the instructions completely.
The link for the SDK points to resources_06_21.zip, it is unpacked in the folder c: \android and is referenced from B4A, android.jar is set to C: \android\platforms\android-30\ android.jar and is probably in it problem but i have nothing in platforms other than android-30.
Thank you for your support

Upvote 0

Zeljko Gombovic

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have googlemaps.jar I only have googlemapsextras because I added it myself, I found it on some forum.
I thought I should add googlemaps.jar but I didn't find it anywhere.
If it will be enough just to put googlemaps.jar in the library directory I would ask you to share it,
I am very grateful for your help

1641980990404.png

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
as written in the link i posted above the implementation for each platform is different.

For B4A you find the library here (linked in above link).

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have googlemaps.jar
GoogleMaps.zip is listed in post #1:

Upvote 0
Solution

Zeljko Gombovic

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, that's the solution, it works now.
I think that's the first thing I tried but it didn't work out that time, I probably missed something then.
Thank you so much for help!
Best Regards

Upvote 0