Android Question [SOLVED] VoiceRecognition question

rosippc64a

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All!
I use alps q2 chinese pda (android 6.0, may contained sim card and can use for phone call), what works well. Nowadays I tried to test voicerecognition.
At first examination the PDA hasn't any voicerecognition capability. I tried more vr example what I found in the forum with no success, or "Voice recognition is not supported."
Then I searched some program in the play store and found a Google Voice Access. After installation the voice access can works well, even in hungarian language.
I can start and close apps, etc.
BUT the voicerecognition examples, what I found in the forum don't works, or "Voice recognition is not supported."
What I am looking for to work?
Steven

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
VoiceRecognition from the Phone library sends an intent to the system which starts the default voice recognition engine. It doesn't let you select the engine.

You might be able to configure that app to be the default voice recognition engine.

There are some other libraries that work different and might allow you to select the engine: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/p...recognition&prefix=1,2,3,17,24,29&product=b4a

Upvote 0