iOS Question Solved - Webview between platforms display different

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
This writing an app for both Android and IOS is so frustrating. Thing that I think will work the same on both from B4X, B4I, B4A just don't.
really rubbing me the wrong way. Think I need a chill pill :)

Maybe this time it's a html issue.

Anyway, the same html shows the table columns don't auto resize on ios giving me very wide pages.

Solution
Do you use viewport meta tag in header, something like <meta name=viewport content='width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0'> ?
Safari default viewport
Try this seems to work !

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Disregard above My mistake. I'd delete it but can't see how

Upvote 0

Semen Matusovskiy

Licensed User
Do you use viewport meta tag in header, something like <meta name=viewport content='width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0'> ?
Safari default viewport settings are very specific (width=980 pixels).

Upvote 1

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
How did you solve ? Having same issues ?
no not solved just posted before i was ready.
I find on B4I WKWebview I need to zoom in to be able to read anything then my pages are so wide I need to keep scrolling left and right to read. Very annoying.
HTML table created with a width of 100% doesn't wrap text like it does in every other platform it just seems to zoom out.

Upvote 0

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
Safari default viewport
Try this seems to work !

Upvote 2
Solution