lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
How do we switch the send/receive "Button" on the transceiver

You are right : the VOX of the transceiver can do the switch automatically

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
The 3,5mm jack is good to play AND record on any android device?

Yes, probably. I say probably, because there might be some oddball device out there, but in theory, it should work on every device.

How do we switch the send/receive "Button" on the transceiver? (hopefully it has an auto mode)

As Lemon said, VOX will help, but be aware that VOX usually don't cut in immediately. Very annoying when you talk, as it cuts half the first word. So, first send a dummy signal for VOX to react on, then after, say, two seconds, start sending the real message.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Theorical distance. 5-8 km in counties but 1km in some cities and more than 500 km in clear vision between the two points with the same height.
Generally saying : the higher the frequency the longest the distance in clear conditions.

The good point here is the FM avaibility for modem communications which could be very stable.

You can put the frequency in the 8 PMR446 channels in Eu and nobody will know the power of your device.

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
One additional not about VOX. It does not "let go" immediately when things go quiet, so if you are going to send a response, you'll have to wait a bit there as well.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Folks,
Pardon my not so smart question!
Why don't you guys just use the B4A chat example and customize it as you wish?

maso1975

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Beja,

my intention is to use the example in B4A and customize it, I'm working on it, but I have little time for this, when it publishes achieve some progress here.