SpecialForm Library

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, guys

Here's my 3rd DLL....

With this we can create non-rectangular forms, mostly used in splash screen, with the possability to pass controls to it....

properties and methods:

Author - returns "Cableguy"
DLLVersion - returns "1.0"
Width - sets/gets the width of the form, value in pixels
Heigth - Sets/gets the heigth of the form, value in pixels
Enable - Sets/gets the form state, boolean, true= enable, false= disable
Visible = Sets/get the visible prop of the form, boolean, true= visible, false= invisible
BrigToFront - Brings the form to the upper z-order
Image - Sets the image used to create the form
Dispose - disposes of the form
AddControl - adds an existing control to this form....

There are a few known limitations/impositions in this dll....
Its a desktop only dll as it target the complete framework...
The image is always centered to the form (couldnt figure out how to parse set/get the image layout), The form apears always centered to the screen, Controls that don't support tranparent background like texts boxes will error, trappable by b4ppc?

In the zipis the dll, an image and a b4ppc file....

Any comments are welcome...

Attachments

• SpecialForm.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Cableguy,

first, my comment on you dll: :sign0098:

second, as you requested for youself some posts ago, can you include some sort of help file? It's good to describe the features of a new dll within the original post, but after the dll is copied in our library folder it "will get lost", because we won't see it in the menu help...
So many users are writing so many usefull dll's, so it's hard to remember all the (already) available features if they are not documented in one place.
It's awful to have a look at all the different places (help files, sample codes, textfiles, threads/posts, ...), just to be sure the searched feature is available or not. So could you please provide an additional help file?

specci48

... this post should not hinder you from writing more usefull dll's ... ;)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have a chm creator, but will create a txt file and then post...Thanks Specci48

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, I was just about to look for a free chm creator....You must have read my mind :)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is a proper Helpfile...Sorry for the delay...

Attachments

• SpecialForm.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 85

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
No need to say sorry ... and which delay did you mean?

From your repeat to my post until you posted a proper help file only three hours are gone and only two hours since your read Erel's hint about HelpMaker. Wow!!! :sign0142:

specci48

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I try to be a "do as I do" guy, and not a " do as I say"....You were very rigth to point me out the lack of a Help file.... Especially me beeing the fist to "criticize" other for not including one...

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
As we all see in this forum, "criticizem" mustn't be negativ and can help us to get better and better...