Android Question spinner dropdown box background and text color

brodmuehler

Licensed User
Longtime User
dear all, could someone please advise whether it is now possible to set the textcolor and background color for the dropdown box of a spinner? thanks a lot in advance.

brodmuehler

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, thanks for the quick response. I currently have version 2.71 where setting the dropdown box textcolor is not possible, as far as I know. I read in one of the threads that in later versions it would be possible to set the dropdown box text color, which would help tremendously. could you please advise which version I would need to have this option available. thanks rene

Upvote 0

brodmuehler

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you tried to set Spinner.TextColor?
Hallo Erel, if I am not totally mistaken then the textcolor property only effects the textbox of the spinner but not the dropdown. I attached two pictures which show what happened in my app. what you see on the first picture is my user interface. the pilot1 line for example is a spinner, where the "(00) auswahl" is the textbox of the spinner. I used the .color and .textcolor property to set the background to white and the textcolor to black. but then you can see in the other picture what happens to the spinner dropdown ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-10-13-18-20833316747.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-10-13-18-20833316747.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 1,245
  • Screenshot_2013-09-10-13-18-02-1956223194.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-10-13-18-02-1956223194.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,339
Upvote 0

brodmuehler

Licensed User
Longtime User
hallo erel, thanks again for your quick responses. the possibility to set the textcolor of the dropdown box text would help already big times. one last question, is this possible with the version i am currently using (2.71) or do i need the last version?
ps: i just want to mention that b4a works really great. first i tried to do my project with eclipse and java and struggled with the cumbersome way of programming. your software really makes a difference. i am creating an app to run on a 7 inch tablet that records data, stores it locally in an sqlite database wirh the option to upload the data to an internet based mysql database via http, json and php scripts. all this works seamlessly and flawlessly. congratulation. it is really fun to use b4a. rene

Upvote 0

synapse

Licensed User
Longtime User
can anyone offer any advice please? In android 2.3.5 the spinner background is white, whilst in 4.2 it is dark grey. Obviously setting the textcolor to suit one will not work with the other....

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Confusion!
You are talking of two text colors, not one.
1- The text color when the spinner is at rest.. I mean the default text before clicking or touching
the spinner.. This can be set by the spinner "Text Color" property.
2- The text color when the spinner is opened and the list items appear.
So I guess you are talking about the item-color of the drop-down menu, not the spinner text color.
I don't know how to set this and have the same issue. It is now black on dark black so can't read the text
easily.

Upvote 0

synapse

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks.
One seems to be able to set the dropdown menu text colour with DropdownTextColor but this doesn't help when the dropdown background is changing so radically... I wondered if anyone had a workaround please?

Upvote 0

DAM

Licensed User
Longtime User
First of all, thanks to the developers of this awesome software!

I would like to ask if to version 3.50 it's still not possible to change spinner dropdownlist background color. That dark grey (Android 4.4) seems just awful!! :(

Upvote 0

edgar_ortiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A V3.80 allows you to change the dropdown background color.

Hi...

I need a dropdown background in black and the text in white... How I do this??

and of course the options also in black and white letters background.

Thanks for your help

Edgar

Upvote 0