Share My Creation Spiroman

Hi friends,

Just for the beauty of the equations which are behind this and the pleasure to code them with B4A here is SPIROMAN ;-)
I've posted it on the playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aeropic.Spiroman

Screenshot_2014-05-05-19-01-38.png

Just imagine three arms attached to each other, more or less like a carpenter's wooden rule, but the arms may be of different lengths.
The extremity of the first arm is attached to the center of the paper sheet, the three arms can rotate each at a given speed around their attachment point. When they are rotating, a point at the extremity of the 3rd arm draws nice curves!

The game is quite intuitif, let the first drawing appear, then:
pressing the screen launches another ramdomly generated drawing,
Once drawing is over, just swipe screen right or left to access setting pages:

the right one is dedicated to graphic settings
-pen thickness
-color: you can select the pen color and the background color. There is even a rainbow mode...
-drawing speed: selecting the smallest speed will show a mesmerizing animation of the arms in rotation.

left one allows to configure the arms parameters:
-arms lengths
-arms rotation speeds or rather frequencies (expressed as a fraction n/p)
-arms phases (relative angular positions of arms at startup)

If you swipe back to central screen, drawing is created taking into account new parameters...

Should you like a drawing, just share it with your friends (menu "share" ). A picture is exported together with all the settings needed to reproduce it.

Enjoy and if you really like it, any 5 stars to boost it on the store will be greatly appreciated :)

Regards from France
Alain

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-05-16-49-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-05-16-49-44.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 3,131
Last edited:

aeropic

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've just issued a new release which:
- remove the choppy effect when swiping to parameters tabs while the drawing was in progress
- add some gradient in the back ground
Screenshot_2014-05-09-15-36-39.png

Concerning the choppy effect the StdViewPager VP_PageSelected event fires after the page has been selected (refresh of the page is done, it is fully displayed but the event does not while the previous page has a running sub in progress.
At the opposite, the vp.CurrentPage is updated has soon as the new page is displayed.

As a long loop is in progress on the previous page, I had to kill the loop as soon as currentPage is loaded :
B4X:
If vp.CurrentPage <>1 Then Exit

Is there a better way to manage this ?

Regards
Alain

aeropic

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is a new release which basically includes a "best of" gallery.

I have also added an interstitial "leadbolt" ad. It occurs every 10 drawings. Please, give me your feeling, is it too much, too boring or acceptable for the user ?
Concerning this ad, I followed Gman advices and removed all unneeded authorizations (position, wake lock ...) that came by default with leadbolt SDK.
It seems it works, but I've never clicked to see how much this network pays !!!

unnamed.png