SQLite and Basic4PPC

Licensed User
Hello,

I've just purchased the Basic4PPC for first time few days ago and I have some doubts about it. I'm just a newbie.

I've been programming with Borland tools for a long time and I need to make some projects for PPC and I choose B4PPC. I need to know more abour SQLite and the GPS library. I actually work with MSSQL, MySQL and Interbase/Firebird.

I'd like to know how I install the SQLlite in the PPC or if it's embedded within the application with a DLL. I'm acostumed to external engines, so I don't know.

How can I mantain the Database? Can I use 2 Db at the same time, for example?

Thank you.

Last edited:

ceaser

Licensed User
Basic4PPC

Hi There

I think it is very unfair of you to judge and come to a conclusion about B4PPC after only using it for a couple of days. I have been programming as a hobby for the last 20 years on a number of different platforms, ie. C++, Visual basic, OPL, Visual Studio, Fortran IV, NSBasic and now with B4PPC.

Give the platform a fair chance and you will be surprised by the power of the platform.

Don't be in a hurry!!!

Regards
Michael

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no need to install SQLite on the device.
When you'll compile your application a native dll named System.Data.SQLite.dll will be copied to the executable folder.
This dll should be distributed with the executable (to the same folder).

Yes, you can work with more than one database. For each database create one Connection object and Command object.

Licensed User
b4ppc

Hi Michael,

I choose B4PPC because it's great!
I'm not judging, I just want to know how SQLite works with it. If it's embedded or not.
I'm developer since 80's, so with very few days I cannot Jugde of course.

I was just making a question. Nothing else.

I've things very clear and I'll need some months to learn the whole package.

Joan

Hi There

I think it is very unfair of you to judge and come to a conclusion about B4PPC after only using it for a couple of days. I have been programming as a hobby for the last 20 years on a number of different platforms, ie. C++, Visual basic, OPL, Visual Studio, Fortran IV, NSBasic and now with B4PPC.

Give the platform a fair chance and you will be surprised by the power of the platform.

Don't be in a hurry!!!

Regards
Michael

Licensed User
Basic4PPC

Thank You, that's what I want to know.

I've searched a DB manager called SQLite Maestro. What's your opinion?

As I can see, You have done a very great job. Congratulations!

Joan

There is no need to install SQLite on the device.
When you'll compile your application a native dll named System.Data.SQLite.dll will be copied to the executable folder.
This dll should be distributed with the executable (to the same folder).

Yes, you can work with more than one database. For each database create one Connection object and Command object.

Last edited:

Licensed User
Hi Erel,

Sorry I'm not talking about Basic4Pcc yet, I'm building my dev platform at this time. First I need to build some automatic routines for transferring SQL Server Data to SQLite DB. Then I can begin to develop in B4PPC. I've purchased a ADO DB Driver for SQLite and it works fine.

My question would be how can I protect my SQLite database. User's Login/Passwords exists? How do you make?

Joan

I'm not familiar with this manager.
This is a nice tool I occasionally use: SQLite Expert - SQLite Database Administration Tool
The freeware version is pretty powerful.

Licensed User
Thank You again Herel,

Can I look up de code to rewrite this functions to Delphi to make encryption compatible with the PPC app. side?

Which version of SQLite is best stable for Basic4PPC?

Regards from Barcelona,

Joan

You can use one of the Crypto libraries: Crypto or CryptoEx to encrypt the required fields in your db.