Android Question SQLite Full Text Search Table Creation Works in B4A but not B4J

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have attached a small but full cross-platform example project to reproduce the issue. The B4A portion works as expected , but the B4J code crashes and fails to create the FTS4 table.
B4X:
Error occurred on line: 48 (B4XMainPage)
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.Common.CallSubDebug2(Common.java:477)
at b4j.example.b4xpagesmanager._createpageifneeded(b4xpagesmanager.java:864)

B4X:
strQuery="CREATE VIRTUAL TABLE IF NOT EXISTS " & DBTableName & " USING fts4(content TEXT)"
SQL1.ExecNonQuery(strQuery)  'error here

Attachments

• SQLiteFullTextSearchTest.zip
    15.8 KB · Views: 153

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you can change the SQLite version very easily
You are absolutely correct. I downloaded sqlite-jdbc-3.36.0.1.jar, the latest jar from here: https://github.com/xerial/sqlite-jdbc/releases
to the B4J LibraryAdditional subfolder, then made a reference in Main: #AdditionalJar: sqlite-jdbc-3.36.0.1.jar
to replace the old reference. Then the syntax: CREATE VIRTUAL TABLE IF NOT EXISTS started working in B4J.
Therefore I concluded: driver #AdditionalJar: sqlite-jdbc-3.7.2 did not support IF NOT EXIST in syntax, but
sqlite-jdbc-3.36.0.1.jar did. However, I went back to the old reference for compatibility with B4J installation, unless you have a way to tell it to use the older jar if the latest is not installed or available.

Upvote 0