C/C++ Question SSD1331 Library for SPI 16bit color oled

Ped123

Hi, working with a SSD1331 and would love to try your library. Any chance to get the latest version of it? thanks!

max123

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry @Ped123 , no yet solved problems I wrote on Post #19. The library works using B4R. It is super fast as I explained, but it is incomplete.
I've a full working C++ library for Arduino IDE if you like, in these days I will post it on github, but if you need I can send you.

Many thanks for your interest.

Elad6k

Sorry @Ped123 , no yet solved problems I wrote on Post #19. The library works using B4R. It is super fast as I explained, but it is incomplete.
I've a full working C++ library for Arduino IDE if you like, in these days I will post it on github, but if you need I can send you.

Many thanks for your interest.

Dude! the videos you put out are showing a blazing fast library for the esp8266+1331, the Adafruit library is slower then a 1992 modem.
i'll be more then happy to try out your library for the Arduino IDE (and just a short example code for initializing=])
thank you in advance.

max123

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dude! the videos you put out are showing a blazing fast library for the esp8266+1331, the Adafruit library is slower then a 1992 modem.
i'll be more then happy to try out your library for the Arduino IDE (and just a short example code for initializing=])
thank you in advance.

Hi @Elad6k, and @Ped123 I know this is an old post, but my library (C++) now is pretty terminated, it now is very fast, in old release to play videos it open, read and render on oled about 30 images every second, this slow down a lot a rendering process and not high frame rate. Now I created 2 encoders (with B4J), RawVideoBitmap and RawVideoJpeg, these encoders encodes a serie of Bitmaps (.bmp) and Jpegs (.jpg) inside a single big file, with the first in Landscape I obtained a really high framerate, about 100-110 fps in fullscreen 96x64, with the second one I obtained a non high framerate, about 25-40 fps depending on jpeg images video compression quality. The RawVideoBitmap encode the file in contiguos 16bit RGB565, or RGB666 or RGB88 or BLACK_WHITE and ESP just need to read sequentially every frame and send to display with pushColors(array, arraylen) the full frame, so it is very fast, a full frame is rendered in about 8-9 milliseconds, with RawVideoBitmap the encoder encoses all frames as original files, then ESP need to read and decode and then finally send to display, but this is done 16x16 pixel at time (see Jpeg MCU) The framerate is not high but same video files are 1/8 size and I can put on ESP8266 16 MB flash a video about 4-5 minutes.With the RawVideoBitmap I can also play the audio file track (.wav 44100 16Bit) together with video and output it on a Pimoroni Raspberry Zero Phat DAC, just i have some random audio clip but the audio is really good, near CD quality. Nor pwm, real digital to analog converter. The ESP8266 chip is set to 160Mhz, it read videos and audio from microsd using SD or SdFat library and even from Flash (SPIFFS). Next days I will release it, I will post here the link. Many thanks for your interest.

Last edited: