Started my 7 year old daughter on Turtle tonight thanks @Erel!

73Challenger

Licensed User
Started my 7 year old daughter on Turtle tonight! We did the first 3 examples. She was excited to do what daddy does (for now) :) The fun thing for her was the play. We did the filled circle example then she wanted to change colors, pen size circle size. All GREAT things. I told her have at it, change everything, break it, see what happens and fix it.

She might not be a programmer, we'll see how far it goes but man.... the interaction, problem solving and learning to iterate towards a solution. Those are life skills kids miss out on these days.

Yes I'm old LOL darn kids with their youtubes and instagrams....get off my lawn !! LOL! JK 😜 Thanks again @Erel

Pro tip, if they are this young, get them past the stuff they won't understand, setting up the ide, connecting to a phone etc.. just get where they can type in the few commands and see it work.Get em' hooked :)

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
When she goes to school and asks her teachers if they have B4X Turtle, the teacher will investigate and use it.
Then those students will use it, then the professors at college will use it. And then a whole new generation of B4X coders will emerge.
And B4X will be raised to the next level!

Last edited:

73Challenger

Licensed User
When your 7 year old wants a "Cotton Candy Tree".... ANYTHING to keep them interested!

Original Example >>>>>>>>>>>>>7 Year old Daughter Version πŸ™‚
1694321693761.png
1694321841685.png

To be honest, "Daddy" is learning a lot from turtle too. The draw function, that takes care of lines, colors and angles, is 13 lines of code. Yes ONLY 13 LINES !! An algorithmic masterpiece IMHO.

A real eye opener for me......I use WAY too much code.

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
Here is an example for a LOGO program for a graphic turtle:

Rosace​

repeat 18 [RT 20 repeat 18 [RT 20 FD 20]]

rosace.jpg

Sub Rosace:
Sub Rosace
    Turtle.ClearScreen
    Lgv=Turtle.Width
    Htv=Turtle.Height
    Turtle.SetPenColor(xui.Color_Black)