Android Question Statusbar size?

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have my App setup so the Status bar shows on top of the App, with a colored panel sitting behind the status bar to give it a "color" thats a bit darker than the ACActionBar color.

I think I saw this done in an example App somewhere, but I cant remember what app that was. I did this because of attempting to maintain UI consistency from Kitkat/JB up to now. Anyways.

The trouble starts when I call AutoScaleAll, it throws off my status bar panel size of course.

Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I did this because of attempting to maintain UI consistency from Kitkat/JB
I wouldn't invest too much efforts in Android 4 devices. 90%+ of the devices are running Android 5+ and all use the material theme.

The trouble starts when I call AutoScaleAll, it throws off my status bar panel size of course.
You can always explicitly set the height in the designer script after the call to AutoScaleAll. You can also remove the call.

Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess I wasnt clear with my question. How do I get the status bar height so I can resize it? Also I still have quite a few Android 4 devices in the field. The majority of our customers are still running Galaxy Tab 4 units which are kitkat. Yes this is slowly fading, but Until they are non existent I have to support it.

And I still have a JB/KitKat demo tablet at the shop which they dont make anymore, and we use it for presentations because it has a 20" Screen.

Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
Darn, Ok. Thanks anyways.

I think I will just say the heck with it, and set the status bar color on SDK >21

Upvote 0