Android Question Stop chromebook from installing

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does anyone know what I have to do to stop my app from appearing to users of Chromebook devices?

I don't want my app to appear in the Play Store to anyone that is using a Chrome device.

BobVal

CyberDroidWare

Licensed User
Hello,
I too am faced with this need. It arises in respect to the Administrator library not having the same effect on disabling a built in device's access on a phone/tablet as opposed to a Chromebook. Despite disabling a device by the Administrator, and the apk showing no error, the device is still functional on the Chromebook. Would I need to alter the above to be something to the effect of:

B4X:
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.permission.BIND_DEVICE_ADMIN" required="true" />)

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I too am faced with this need. It arises in respect to the Administrator library not having the same effect on disabling a built in device's access on a phone/tablet as opposed to a Chromebook. Despite disabling a device by the Administrator, and the apk showing no error, the device is still functional on the Chromebook. Would I need to alter the above to be something to the effect of:

B4X:
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.permission.BIND_DEVICE_ADMIN" required="true" />)

I don't think you can use a permission as a required feature (I suspect the app will crash if you try). Here's a link to the android features reference. You might be able to find one that isn't available on a Chromebook, but is available on other android devices.

- Colin.

Upvote 0