Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I get this:

"
Parsing code. 0.45
Compiling code. Error
An error occurred while loading the DynamicSyntaxLanguage '{Unknown}':
The tag '{root}' may not be parent to a 'LanguageDefinition' tag.
The problem occurred near line 3, position 2
in Unknown Stream.
"

The word "LanguageDefinition" does not appear in my code or in the libs I use.

I do not even know how to give further information.

Thanks

Peter

grafsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Newest B4A. The code is quite large.

I think I wwill do some checks first. It runs on one machine, but not on the other. Currently I am installing newest versions with the SDK manager. Maybe this helps.

Upvote 0

paragkini

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I had same error but after checking, found out that the new exe name is B4A.exe whereas I was accessing through old exe Basic4Android.exe. When I started with new exe and opened the project it opened.
After it compiled, installed and ran the app as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kintara

Licensed User
Longtime User
I too have had this error.
I upgraded to version 5.2 (also upgraded javac.exe and android.jar) but found it too slow on my system.
I reverted to 3.82 and started having issues. (apart from the warning that the code comes from a later version- that is not an issue).

I did have it running OK, but today I keep getting the error listed below.

The error also appears when attempting to open the Manifest Editor.

The error that appears when compiling is this :-

"Parsing code. 7.61
Compiling code. Error
An error occurred while loading the DynamicSyntaxLanguage '{Unknown}':
The tag '{root}' may not be parent to a 'LanguageDefinition' tag.
The problem occurred near line 3, position 2 in Unknown Stream.
"

My system is using :-
Basic 4 Android 3.82
Javac.exe jdk1.8.0_60
android.jar Android 18

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have compilation errors, but after installing the new version I need to run B4A from Start Menu and then open projects, if I double click on a .b4a file, B4A crashes upon startup. If I right click on a project file, and go 'Open With' I can see that there are still two separate versions of B4A that Windows is trying to use, and unless I make it choose the new version, crashes occur.
I really like the atest version by the way Erel, great job.

Upvote 0

Kintara

Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought my system did the same, but when I checked it seems to have errors on opening by either method. The errors occur on opening the manifest editor or during compiling.
I got around it once and had it running as it used to, so I think I'll need to do some more experimenting to solve this.

I agree that version 5.2 is really nice but it runs so slow on my windows XP dinosaur PC that I had to revert to 3.82.
I cannot upgrade the PC as it is an office one that was going spare and I cant see my firm replacing it.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have compilation errors, but after installing the new version I need to run B4A from Start Menu and then open projects, if I double click on a .b4a file, B4A crashes upon startup. If I right click on a project file, and go 'Open With' I can see that there are still two separate versions of B4A that Windows is trying to use, and unless I make it choose the new version, crashes occur.
I really like the atest version by the way Erel, great job.
Set the new version as the default app that opens the B4A files.

Upvote 0