Android Question Struggling with marven artifact not found

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
To solve this problem I use https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html. When I start the SDK manager the master index is downloaded with a great number of items selected.

Clicking Install Selected I get an error message: java.io.FileNotFound Exception C: \ProgramFiles(x86)\Java\tools\lib\ddmlib.jar (Access refused).

I made already a copy of ddmlib-25.3.1 renaming it to ddmlib. Then it is reported that the path to \\\\wearable-2.1.0.pom cannot be found.

What am I doing wrong?

What kind of statements causes the marven artifact problem? Other applications compile without problems. May be I can avoid the marven problem wiyh some changes in code?

Harry

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Manfred,

The tools kit is now in place: C:\Android\tools\.
The only difference from the example is that the path to android.jar with me is:
C:\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-17\android.jar
where as the sample reads:
C:\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-27\android.jar.

But I have no directory C:\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-27. Can that cause the problem.? How should I correct it?

Regards,

Harry

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But I have no directory C:\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-27. Can that cause the problem.? How should I correct it?
If you install all recommended items then the SDKManager should have downloaded the v27 platform....
If there is no such file then something is wrong.

Upvote 0

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Manfred,

I installed the recommended items, at least I think I did. When clicking on Install Selected in the bottom of the window a great number of https items flashed. This activity ended without any message.

However, I can find nowhere the listed, selected items on the disk. When 'installing' , are they downoaded and stored somewhere? But where?

When I try to install again, it is reported that the path C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Java\tools\bin\..\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\android\support\support-compat\27.0.2\support-compat-27.0.2.pom cannot be found.

Any suggestion to solve my problem?

Regards,
Harry

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
h C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Java\tools\bin\..\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\android\support\support-compat\27.0.2\support-compat-27.0.2.pom cannot be found.
Sound like you installed the SDK into the JAVA Installation folder? In fact this is the WRONG path

I suggest to do it again. Follow the Tutorial EXACT! Use the suggested path. for ex C:\Android\
Copy the tools folder from the SDK-Download to C:\Android\ (The FOLDER, not just its content!)

2. Android SDK
3. B4A
  • Download B4A Trial Version
  • Open B4A.
  • Choose Tools > Configure Paths.
  • Set the path to "javac.exe" if it is empty (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_102\bin\javac.exe).
  • Click on Open Sdk Manager button.
  • Set the path to "sdkmanager.bat" (C:\Android\tools\bin\sdkmanager.bat) and install all recommended items.
  • Read and accept the licenses when asked for.
  • Return to B4A and set the path to "android.jar" (C:\Android\platforms\android-27\android.jar).

Make sure to choose the sdkmanager.bat from the right location inside the B4A SDKManager (See Screenshot).

The maven files are in C:\Android\extra\b4a_remote\*.*

After you started the SDKManager and download all files.

Upvote 0

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Manfred,

It works!

I am so sorry that I wasted your time. I just made some stupid errors; where I should type Android, I typed Java.

May be I am getting too old for my hobby (81).

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

HARRY

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…