Android Question Struggling with marven artifact not found

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
To solve this problem I use https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html. When I start the SDK manager the master index is downloaded with a great number of items selected.

Clicking Install Selected I get an error message: java.io.FileNotFound Exception C: \ProgramFiles(x86)\Java\tools\lib\ddmlib.jar (Access refused).

I made already a copy of ddmlib-25.3.1 renaming it to ddmlib. Then it is reported that the path to \\\\wearable-2.1.0.pom cannot be found.

What am I doing wrong?

What kind of statements causes the marven artifact problem? Other applications compile without problems. May be I can avoid the marven problem wiyh some changes in code?

Harry

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you configured your IDE to use the new downloaded SDK? Tools Configure paths

Upvote 0

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Manfred,

The tools kit is now in place: C:\Android\tools\.
The only difference from the example is that the path to android.jar with me is:
C:\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-17\android.jar
where as the sample reads:
C:\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-27\android.jar.

But I have no directory C:\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-27. Can that cause the problem.? How should I correct it?

Regards,

Harry

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But I have no directory C:\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-27. Can that cause the problem.? How should I correct it?
If you install all recommended items then the SDKManager should have downloaded the v27 platform....
If there is no such file then something is wrong.

Upvote 0

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Manfred,

I installed the recommended items, at least I think I did. When clicking on Install Selected in the bottom of the window a great number of https items flashed. This activity ended without any message.

However, I can find nowhere the listed, selected items on the disk. When 'installing' , are they downoaded and stored somewhere? But where?

When I try to install again, it is reported that the path C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Java\tools\bin\..\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\android\support\support-compat\27.0.2\support-compat-27.0.2.pom cannot be found.

Any suggestion to solve my problem?

Regards,
Harry

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
h C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Java\tools\bin\..\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\android\support\support-compat\27.0.2\support-compat-27.0.2.pom cannot be found.
Sound like you installed the SDK into the JAVA Installation folder? In fact this is the WRONG path

I suggest to do it again. Follow the Tutorial EXACT! Use the suggested path. for ex C:\Android\
Copy the tools folder from the SDK-Download to C:\Android\ (The FOLDER, not just its content!)

2. Android SDK
3. B4A
  • Download B4A Trial Version
  • Open B4A.
  • Choose Tools > Configure Paths.
  • Set the path to "javac.exe" if it is empty (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_102\bin\javac.exe).
  • Click on Open Sdk Manager button.
  • Set the path to "sdkmanager.bat" (C:\Android\tools\bin\sdkmanager.bat) and install all recommended items.
  • Read and accept the licenses when asked for.
  • Return to B4A and set the path to "android.jar" (C:\Android\platforms\android-27\android.jar).

Make sure to choose the sdkmanager.bat from the right location inside the B4A SDKManager (See Screenshot).

The maven files are in C:\Android\extra\b4a_remote\*.*

After you started the SDKManager and download all files.

Upvote 0

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Manfred,

It works!

I am so sorry that I wasted your time. I just made some stupid errors; where I should type Android, I typed Java.

May be I am getting too old for my hobby (81).

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

HARRY

Upvote 0