Android Question Suggestion needed for free video editor for posting on YT

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well I screen recorded my app using it. Now I want to edit the video and add some text overlay, audio and animation to it, before uploading to YT.
I found Video Editor in Win10 but it gave very basic features. Searching I found many but all are paid ones.

So need suggestion what members here use video editor which is free and has more or less sufficient features ?

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have used the free version of DaVinci Resolve on Windows 10 over the last couple of years. I am certainly no expert, but get along with it OK. and it runs much better on my PC than Pinnacle Studio.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have used the free version of DaVinci Resolve on Windows 10 over the last couple of years. I am certainly no expert, but get along with it OK. and it runs much better on my PC than Pinnacle Studio.
I checked it and found too big for my need.

My laptop does not have the required system and the download and install size are too is very big for me.
B4X:
[HEADING=2]Windows[/HEADING]
Now, let’s take a peep at the system requirements if you’re using Windows:
[LIST]
[*]Windows 10 Creators Update.
[*]16 GB of system memory. 32 GB when using Fusion
[*]Blackmagic Design Desktop Video 10.4.1 or later
[*]Integrated GPU or discrete GPU with at least 2 GB of VRAM
[*]GPU which supports OpenCL 1.2 or CUDA 11
[*]NVIDIA/AMD/Intel GPU Driver version – As required by your GPU
[*]
[/LIST]
Something smaller for me is needed. My system is
B4X:
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz   1.80 GHz
Installed RAM    8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    Touch support with 10 touch points

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's a shame, it's pretty good. You might be better with an online service then. Most of them will have a free level.

I haven't tried it but found this descript might be worth a try,

Or maybe this one. I'm sure there are loads online.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's a shame, it's pretty good. You might be better with an online service then. Most of them will have a free level.

I haven't tried it but found this descript might be worth a try,

Or maybe this one. I'm sure there are loads online.
Yeah I understand. I am trying something on shoe string.
Thanks for the leads. I did checked Kapwing and other on searching but found I need to pay, if I want some good transition and text effect.

Let me see what more I can do with the free tools I have now.

Upvote 0

YogiYang

@AnandGupta

Check out OpenShot.

I have used it and feel it is easy to learn and use.

Amazon also provides a paid online version of OpenShot if you want to use it online.

Upvote 0

geps

Licensed User
Longtime User
For my YouTube guides, I use Movavi. It's very intuitive to use, and it has a lot of great effects to apply. One main advantage is that it has some automated features like transitions, color correction, and AI background removal that work smoothly.

You can read more about its features in this article: https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/free-video-cutter.html. Also, there you will find more alternatives to use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
@AnandGupta

Check out OpenShot.

I have used it and feel it is easy to learn and use.

Amazon also provides a paid online version of OpenShot if you want to use it online.

I use openshot, but be forewarned its buggy.... very buggy and has a lot of weird issues from time to time especially when exporting a different framerate/codec than the source video but otherwise it does work.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you share your video on YouTube?
Yeah I was planning to make one for my app and also some guides but ...
Well life is roller coaster for me now. Parents, family, job etc. are all taking up 24 hours and all my dreams are just waiting ...
Hope a day will come, so I should be ready when it comes.

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sometimes we overthinking of our first step or creation.
Just make the first one and second one will be better. Next and next versions will be improved after you learn from previous lessons...

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sometimes we overthinking of our first step or creation.
Just make the first one and second one will be better. Next and next versions will be improved after you learn from previous lessons...
Thanks for encouragement.
I made one video and uploaded to YT edited by MS movie maker (old version). I kept it private and asked my friends, and response was not good as ms Movie Maker does not have good features, though it was very simple, I think.

Anyway will try again when free, with other video editors.

Upvote 0