Suisei (Comets)

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Comet 17/P Holmes is in best position for observations and a lovely view in binoculars and small telescopes. So inspired, I have put together a comet monitor which performs various calculations and graphic transformations thereof. The online updateable database includes over 200 comets, all of which can be converted to a GoogleSky overlay. Help is embedded in the program. Written, of course, in Basic4ppc.

The shareware key is free for forum members.

http://www.alfcen.com/pocket/suisei.html

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I don't think you had the time to look into it. Your responses are faster than a comet :) That is what makes Basic4ppc a winner!

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hardly that,
but each application is composed of more than 1000 lines of code :)
Once you have a standard pattern for software any new application grows up to a functional concept in just a day or two. The Sun Monitor (taiyo) is of similar design. Suisei came up in half development time. The credits go to Basic4ppc. If forms could be saved separately and imported into applications, development time could be cut further, and quite dramatically.

Hey, what about you, any new DLLs in the pipeline? :sign0155:

Cerro41

Licensed User
Comets

Alfcen why when I execute on pocket pc Suisei(comets) its image turns out smaller of the monitor of pocket pc?
Thanks
Erico

Last edited:

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hola Erico,
That is because your device has a VGA (480 x 640) screen.
Please send me your email in a private message and I will send you
a VGA-aware version.
Saludos
Roberto