Support for Access databases

Peter

Licensed User
I would love to be able to open MS Acces database directly.
Sofar i can manage by converting those to sqlite databases, but it means some extra steps and it's much more difficult to keep the databases synchonized.

Peter

raffia

I would love to be able to open MS Acces database directly.
Sofar i can manage by converting those to sqlite databases, but it means some extra steps and it's much more difficult to keep the databases synchonized.

Peter

Hi, Peter. I'm new user of this program and my english it's very bad :)sign0013:). I had made any applications in Visual Basic, ussing MS Access as Database. Now, I want to do an application to my PPC and I want known if could you use Access or SQLite. I repeat, my english it's very, very bad, but try answer me, please. This is my first post. Thanks.

glook

Licensed User
Longtime User
On the device, Access format files don't appear to be supported by anything so perhaps would not be a good option. For me, SQLite seems to be a good choice as you can just copy the files between desktop and device.

You can create a single program on the desktop that opens both Access and SQLite at the same time - but with not with B4ppc. I use a VB6 program to synchronise with my original application (also VB6). Once written, it is now a quick process to have the data ready for the ppc and visa-versa.

There are several, but this free VB wrapper from datenhaus by Olaf Schmidt makes database files that are totally compatible with SQLite as used by Basic4ppc.

Regards,
Geoff.