Support for GPS Support for GPS Intermediate Driver ?

tnetweather

I am trying to determine if Basic4PPC has support for the WM6 GPS Intermediate Driver...

When I tried the sample program GPS4PPC, it was unable to connect to the my GPS device on my phone. I have other software that has no issues with connecting to the GPS device, but note that most of them use the Windows GPS Intermediate Driver port to do that.

When I tried to use COM0 which is what the Intermediate device has setup for sharing that data, it would not connect.

When looking at what other ports the program showed, it displayed options for COM ports, 1, 2, 5 and 9. COM 4 which is what the GPS is actually interfaced to was not an option.

I'm not sure if there simply was something not setup properly in the example program GSP4PPC or if the Basic4PPC simply does not support it.

If it matters, I am using a Samsung SCH i760 PDA phone connected to a Wintec WBT-201 GPS using the Bluetooth. The phone has WM6

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
GPS4PPC finds the relevant ports in the registry.
Some ports descriptions are missing.
I recommend you to download the GPS tutorial and manually set it to COM 4.
http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1093

According to the documentation the intermediate program port should work like any other port.
I didn't test it though.