iOS Question Swap OK and Cancel Button in iCustomDialog

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by skrjabin, Nov 10, 2018 at 4:31 PM.

1. skrjabin

skrjabin Member Licensed User

In iCustomDialog I see the "OK" Button on the left and the "Cancel" Button on the right side. In most iPhone apps it is on the contrary. Can I swap this? And, if it is the only way, what would happen, if I handle the "ok" as negative and "cancel" as positive result?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 10:57 PM
  2. Alexander Stolte

Alexander Stolte Well-Known Member Licensed User

3. skrjabin

I did not know about the AS MsgBox (I am new in b4i). Looks interesting, is that based on custom view? I have made allready a lot of dialogs with custom view and only now I recognized, that the OK and Cancel buttons are in the other direction here than my other dialogs. So I would like to change the button-direction, if possible. But thanks, in future I will try also your library :)

4. Alexander Stolte

Alexander Stolte Well-Known Member Licensed User

My Problem is, that i dont understand what a customview you use for your dialog.:rolleyes:

5. skrjabin

Oh, it is iCustomDialog, not view, sorry :)
    I will change the thread title...

6. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

I don't see any problem with swapping the text and the expected values.

7. skrjabin

OK, so for now it is a solution just to swap negative/positive buttons and texts. Ofcourse only with setting the last ShowAsync parameter "cancelable" to False.

In future it would be nice, to have a property to set it. The "rules" for iOS seems to be, that OK is last, on the contary to windows (see here or here).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice