Wish Sync Modules and Libraries

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe this has been asked before. I wish B4J has functions (either):

1. Enable auto-sync of Modules and Libraries where an option is checked in menu Tools -> IDE Options
or
2. Add a sync button in Modules and Libraries similar to Files Manager tab. Additionally, we can use hotkeys combination to activate this button.

without closing and relaunch B4J.

Let say developer can host an open source class, module or library in their server, github or any repository. The other developer can download this module and add it to their project like using NPM. The module will be added in B4J and refreshed without restarting the IDE.

Currently, we can remove a module and keep the unused module file inside the project folder. Maybe we can rename these unused file with extension ".exclude" which I think existed in Visual Studio.

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ctrl + p will sync the libraries.

I am not sure what you mean by syncing modules. Do you mean any module in the project folder gets added to the project?

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That would be more complicated than it sounds because if you currently remove a module from the project, it is not deleted from the Project folder, you would then end up with any removed modules added back again. It would need more changes to the current process.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That would be more complicated than it sounds because if you currently remove a module from the project, it is not deleted from the Project folder, you would then end up with any removed modules added back again. It would need more changes to the current process.
Maybe we can rename these unused file with extension ".exclude" which I think existed in Visual Studio.

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe we can rename these unused file with extension ".exclude" which I think existed in Visual Studio.

Hmm, sorry missed that. I have my own utility which I find extremely useful when creating B4xLibs that moves any modules not referenced by the project to an archive folder.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is what I actually wish:
Let say developer can host an open source class, module or library in their server, github or any repository. The other developer can download this module and add it to their project like using NPM. The module will be added in B4J and refreshed without restarting the IDE.
By using the comment links (or command prompt) to call a jar or exe then maybe I can download additional modules from external repositories and the .b4j project will add these modules.