Synchronize Contacts with Desktop Application?

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by Grolle, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Grolle

Grolle Member Licensed User

Hi,

what is the best way to sync Contacts from a little (Delphi)Desktop-Application with Windows Mobile. Can I do this with basic4ppc? Is there a updateTimestamp set in the device database, if a contact ist change?

Questions over questions ...:)

Best regards

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

There is no 'updated' field in the contacts database so you will need to go over all contacts and decide which one was updated.

This can be done with Basic4ppc. How do you save the contacts in the desktop application?
    I recommend you to save the contacts in a SQLite database.

3. Grolle

Grolle Member Licensed User

Hi Erel,

thanks for reply. The Desktop application uses the Advantage Database Server, but it is possible to sync Advantage and SQLite. My current problem is: my desktop-app don't know, if the device-app has written all data in the SQLite-db on the device. The only (dirty) solution that I know is to poll the device-app all ~5sec or is there a better way?

Best regards

4. Erel

You can have a process in your device that once or twice a day checks if there are any changes. If there are changes the process sends a notification to the desktop.

5. aklisiewicz

aklisiewicz Active Member Licensed User

can you please elaborate more on that
    Art

6. Erel

This is a Basic4ppc question from 2009. Please start a new thread in Basic4android sub-forum.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice