B4A Class T8TextSize library(Smart String)

Discussion in 'Additional libraries, classes and official updates' started by ArminKH, Aug 2, 2015.

1. ArminKH

ArminKH Well-Known Member

hello every body
    following link is Smart String library support thread which is for adjusting text size
    http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/smartstring-auto-adjusting-text-size.45085/
    This library was updated , extra functions which is unnecessary removed , and all functions rewritten
    now this lib is a new version of smart string but is faster , light weight and is using strong methods
    and is fully open source
    So if someone wants to improve this library can share a modiffied version of T8TextSize library on this thread
    but please don't make Major changes and please just improve and help to complete this lib
    also if u make changes please make that readable for other users like me
    i'm sorry i have't enough time to improve this library
    Download and enjoy ;)

Library Updated to version 1.2 see post 4

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  2. hibrid0

hibrid0 Active Member Licensed User

Can I use to format text on pdf libraries?

silencox likes this.
  3. ArminKH

You can use this lib for adjusting text size in each view

4. ArminKH

5. JakeBullet70

JakeBullet70 Well-Known Member Licensed User

@ArminKH Thanks for the lib and the SOURCE CODE!!!! I always love the source code! So much to learn and if there are bugs or a need to add to it you can.

Again, BIG thanks!

hibrid0 and ArminKH like this.
  6. Robert Valentino

Robert Valentino Well-Known Member Licensed User

I was having some terrible flicker when using this library and realized that you should turn Visible to false on the parent of the fields you are using this on so that all the DoEvents do not cause the screen to flicker (pulse from all the font changing)

Another thing I found was to get the max font size for a field I needed to change the padding using:
    Code:
    Dim Java_Object As JavaObject = Field   ' field to be changed

Java_Object.RunMethod(
    "setPadding"Array As Object(0dip5dip5dip0dip))
    setting the padding to zero for left and right allowed a larger font.

BobVal

cimperia likes this.
  7. ArminKH

see post 4
    there is a real problem if we don't use do events
    as i discussed by @klaus the os need a bit more time to set effects when text size changed so we need to use do events
    i want to say this is how android designed not just is relevant to this class
    and for padding...the padding is where our text is finished so add 0 for each parameters allow you to use maximum spaces in a text view so the text size can be maximum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice