Licensed User
Hello there,

how can i build a tab-control with a scrollbar on right side like
the "contact"->"edit" funktion in PPC?

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you really want a Tab control or a Table control ?
With the Table control when the number of lines becomes higher than the height of the control the ScrollBar is automatic.
You can add the table onto a page of the Tab control if you need it.

Best regards
Klaus
Switzerland

willisgt

Licensed User
Klaus is right. It's possible to build something like the contacts list, but it requires you to reset the 'top' attribute of all the controls on the form every time the scrollbar moves. While this works fine with a short list, it begins to slow down - badly - with a longer list.

I have an example application I'll be happy to post if you want it, but really, a table would be the way to go.

Gary

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you really want a Tab control or a Table control ?
With the Table control when the number of lines becomes higher than the height of the control the ScrollBar is automatic.
You can add the table onto a page of the Tab control if you need it.

Best regards
Klaus
Switzerland

Yes, But it is NOT editable in Place...

Klaus is right. It's possible to build something like the contacts list, but it requires you to reset the 'top' attribute of all the controls on the form every time the scrollbar moves. While this works fine with a short list, it begins to slow down - badly - with a longer list.

I have an example application I'll be happy to post if you want it, but really, a table would be the way to go.

Gary

Not quite, if we place all the needed controls in a panel we can then only move the panel, and all controls are relocated with it...
I have a sample here, but seem to have found a bug(?) in the Tab Control, in the ControlsEX Library...
The BringToFront method does NOTHING!!!!!

PS: you should copy the controlsEX lib into the same directory as my example...

Attachments

• teste.zip
    828 bytes · Views: 210

superbabicka

Licensed User
Hi Cableguy, I meet this work :)

Here is answer of your question :)

I think this is what you want...

Attachments

• teste-New.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 207