Android Question TabHost Manifest Problem

Startup

Licensed User
Longtime User
I run the TabHost example from Erel's TabHost tutorial with no problem as long as I ignore the Logs' messages to 1. Add android:targetSDKVersion="14" and 2. Add SetApplicationAttribute(android:theme, "@android:style/Theme.Holo") ... to the manifest editor.

When I add these lines to the manifest file and make the log messages (above) go away I find I can't run the code and instead get a message "Generating R file. Error AndroidManifest.xml:11: error: Error parsing XML: not well-formed (invalid token)."

Should I just ignore the messages to change the manifest file and leave it alone or what should I do?

Startup

Licensed User
Longtime User
You should add the targetSdkVersion and don't add the SetApplicationAttribute. The warning will be removed in v5.80.

If you get any error then please post the full error message from the logs.

OK. That works, but it works better if I leave the manifest alone and don't make any changes. When I change the line ....
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4" />
to
<uses-sdk android:targetSdkVersion="14" />
the txtName label displays without the nice border and the btnNext1 gets partially covered by the soft keyboard. Would it not be best to not make either add/change to the manifest and leave it alone?

Upvote 0