Table trouble

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm currently in the process of developing a Hi-Score table for my game. In doing this I've come across a couple of problems -

1) Is it possible to highlight a particular row of the table, either by making the font bold or changing the font colour?

2) Can the background colour of the table be changed? My table is called "ScoresTable", and I've tried ScoresTable.Color=cWhite but this only appears to change the background colour of the cells, the rest of the table is still dark grey.

3) Below is a section of my code that I use to set the headers
ScoresTable.AddCol(cString,"Pos",ScoresTable.Width*.15,True)
ScoresTable.AddCol(cString,"Level",ScoresTable.Width*.2,False)
ScoresTable.AddCol(cString,"Accuracy",ScoresTable.Width*.3,False)
ScoresTable.AddCol(cString,"Date",ScoresTable.Width*.35,False)
I set the width of each header/column as a percentage of the table width (shown in bold) but this causes the scroll bar to be displayed - WHY:confused:
To prevent the scroll bar from showing I have too make one of the columns slightly smaller.

Thanks in advance,
RandomCoder

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel.

Do you have any better ways of creating a Hi-Score table, I did consider arranging labels on a form that were linked to a hidden table. What do you think??

Thanks,
RandomCoder.

PS. If I can make it work well then I thought it would make quite a nice code sample for others to use.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, randomCoder...

I was going to suggest a txt file to store/read the data, but it ends up a similar way as yours...
To "format" the results i would defenetly go with labels and the formlib formating capabilities...

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Cheers for your input, I'll give it a go. My only reservation is whether it will be slow at loading, but I'll soon find out.

Regards,
RandomCoder