Tables

J12345T

Licensed User
Hi,

Is there a way to change the background color (or font color) of the selected cell in a table?

Thanks,

JT

J12345T

Licensed User
Ahh...

I see Randomcoder has already solved the problem. The same thing worked for me.:sign0060:

JT

JJM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

You can set the font color or the backcolor for table but you can't set a specific color for a specific cell... I think ... I never find any explanation about that.
If Randomcoder has a solution, I take that .. Where is the link?

Bye

JJ M

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm currently working on improving the code.
Firstly I've enabled the cursor in textbox for the selected cell and highlight any data that was present so that a new entry can be quickly and easily added.
This has the undesirable effect that the arrow keys no longer move the position of the selected cell.
So now I've got to try and trap the arrow key presses and move the selected cell accordingly, along with entering whatever data had already been entered.

Just at the moment I'm pretty busy with other more important things though. So not much time just at the minute.

Regards,
RandomCoder.

chanppc

Licensed User
I'm using the table control & like to change the font color in certain cell to says red whenever the value fall below zero, to serve as warning to the user. Seems like the table control does not support this?

Last edited:

chanppc

Licensed User
Found from separate post by Erel here, the Table control is based on the .Net DataGrid control so do not have the property.

Separately , I came across this new .Net DataGridView which allow customize of display property. Can this be included in the next release pls...

Last edited:

chanppc

Licensed User
Thanks Erel.

I found this link about the customizable of Data Grid control for formatting in .net CF v2 sp1. There's sample vs project provided. That should be able to make the table control more comprehensive in basic4ppc :)

francisco cobos

Licensed User
Longtime User
hello, Like me, I think there are many users using almost only basic4 desktop version, I think it would be very useful any improvement in the table control, despite the ppc version.