Android Question Tablet's Google Play

Kapelis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all, I followed the instructions of Informatix, I modified my project so that now it is compatible with the tablets. In fact in the developer center I do not receive any error as it was before. But I think I've got the opposite effect, whereas before my app appeared on my tablet now no longer appears. My app appears in google play to the PC but does not appear in tablet’s google play. I tried it on a tablet "Archos Internet Tablet" 10-inch and a 7-inch Galaxy Tab 3. Please help… thanks.

Kapelis

Licensed User
Longtime User
I found the problem. it is in the service module that i call "Galleria" that I use to keep alive the app when the user wants to choose an image file from gallery:
B4X:
btnChoose_Click
StartService(Galleria)
    Chooser.Initialize("chooser")
    Chooser.Show("image/*", "Choose image")

I deleted all the libraries one by one without result, when I deleted the "service module" vibrate permission is gone. The code of this module is:
B4X:
#Region  Service Attributes
    #StartAtBoot: False
#End Region

Sub Process_Globals
    'These global variables will be declared once when the application starts.
    'These variables can be accessed from all modules.
    Dim Notification1 As Notification
End Sub
Sub Service_Create
    Notification1.Initialize
    Notification1.Icon = "ecg.png" 'use the application icon file for the notification
    'Notification1.Vibrate = False
End Sub

Sub Service_Start (StartingIntent As Intent)
Service.Startforeground(1,Notification1)
End Sub

Sub Service_Destroy

End Sub

When image is loaded i use this line to stop service
B4X:
StopService(Galleria)
Is there any way to use a service module without activate the "Vibrate" permision?

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I took a look at b4a bridge source code and the permissions because it uses vibrate, too. After browsing some other forums I have a modified manifest for you. Please try and upload you app to Google Play again (Maybe I made a mistake adding lines to the manifest. Now the format should be ok).

B4X:
'This code will be applied to the manifest file during compilation.
'You do not need to modify it in most cases.
'See this link for for more information: http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?p=78136
AddManifestText(
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4" android:targetSdkVersion="14"/>
<supports-screens android:largeScreens="true"
    android:normalScreens="true"
    android:smallScreens="true"
    android:anyDensity="true"/>)
SetApplicationAttribute(android:icon, "@drawable/icon")
SetApplicationAttribute(android:label, "$LABEL$")
'End of default text.
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.touchscreen" android:required="false"/>)
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.telephony" android:required="false" />)
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera" android:required="false" />)
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera.autofocus" android:required="false" />)
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vibrate" android:required="false" />)

Upvote 0

Kapelis

Licensed User
Longtime User
I took a look at b4a bridge source code and the permissions because it uses vibrate, too. After browsing some other forums I have a modified manifest for you. Please try and upload you app to Google Play again (Maybe I made a mistake adding lines to the manifest. Now the format should be ok).

B4X:
'This code will be applied to the manifest file during compilation.
'You do not need to modify it in most cases.
'See this link for for more information: http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?p=78136
AddManifestText(
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4" android:targetSdkVersion="14"/>
<supports-screens android:largeScreens="true"
    android:normalScreens="true"
    android:smallScreens="true"
    android:anyDensity="true"/>)
SetApplicationAttribute(android:icon, "@drawable/icon")
SetApplicationAttribute(android:label, "$LABEL$")
'End of default text.
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.touchscreen" android:required="false"/>)
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.telephony" android:required="false" />)
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera" android:required="false" />)
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera.autofocus" android:required="false" />)
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vibrate" android:required="false" />)

Noway, there is always the vibrate permission, only if I remove the Service module the vibrate permission disappears. Don't worry, I will try to modify the code to remove the module. You've spent a lot of time for me, you've been very kind, thank you very much.

Upvote 0