iOS Question Tableview animation

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

how can i animate the item when i reload the tableview like it is done in the settings app of ios. where all items slide from right to left/ left to right

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure I understand

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But you want to do it natively or by creating an animation?

yes i want to do it natively. the UITableview is a very powerful view. in b4i it is very limited. you can do so many things with it. i see so many examples on how to use it and not only as a list. there are much more ways to use it. and the good thing about it is that it is very fast and runs smooth.

the problem is that most examples are in swift and as far as i know b4i does not support swift.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As you know I don't recommend using TableView at all. xCLV is easier to work with, cross platform and in many ways more powerful than TableView.

yes i know but the performance of Tableview is much better and you have lot of options with Tableview that you will need to implement with xclv.
btw i do use xclv in my app but for some features i prefer to use Tableview.

is there a way to implement that simple animation? do i need to do it with insertcells or can it be done with upadeall function?

thanx

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i could use 2 tableviews where i load the second one with the new items and use setlayoutanimated but this is a horrible solution :(

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's not correct. You need to use lazy loading. The performance of PreoptimziedCLV + xCLV will be better than TableView.

i did, and from my tests Tableview was better. the experience is also much more iOS. like if you swipe down or use the actionbutton there is that jumping animation that you can find in almost all ios apps. i understand that you are pushing for xui views and apps but i am making an only ios app right now and really would like to make it with ios filling. anyway if there is no such option with b4i i will use 2 tableviews. i have no choice. yesterday i spent the whole night and could not get it work with native object.

Upvote 0